What to Expect at Specialized Infusions
- Follow the fasting instructions you have been given during your consultation. This requirement is for your safety and we have strict enforcement policy.
- Take your medications as prescribed by your referring provider unless told otherwise. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Bring any items you believe may provide for a more pleasant experience. Some people bring headphones, blankets, eye masks, and their preferred food or drink for afterwards.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before each appointment in order to complete and update paperwork.
- You must be accompanied by a responsible adult or we will not provide an infusion.
- Before each infusion, we will check on how your infusions are going and discuss changes in health and/or medications since your last visit.
- The following forms will be completed: consent for treatment, appropriate depression/PTSD/pain scales, and post-infusion care agreement.
- Infusions are provided in a private room and in a very comfortable electric recliner.
- A small intravenous catheter will be placed.
- Your vital signs will be obtained and monitored throughout your infusion.
- Your infusion starts and is continued over approximately 40 minutes.
If you experience any side effects, they will be managed by your anesthetist.
- After the infusion has ended, you will continue to be monitored for recovery (usually 20 or so minutes).
- Your IV catheter will be removed.
- Your chaperone will drive you home.
- Most patients will recover from any mild side effects within one to two hours after their infusion.
- You may feel tired, so don’t plan any activities or make important decisions on the day of an infusion.
- Follow the instructions on your-post infusion care agreement.
IV Ketamine infusion treatment starts with an initial series of six infusions over a period of approximately two weeks. When given this way, current research indicates that the effects of treatment are prolonged when compared to a single dose. After the initial six infusions, we collaborate with you and your provider to determine the best timing of your maintenance infusions which average anywhere from 2-5 weeks.
Infusions are $425 each
Pre-infusion labs, if needed: $75
Specialized Infusions does not accept insurance as most insurance companies will not cover IV ketamine infusions at this time due to their off-label use and because they may consider them to be investigational or experimental. Specialized Infusions will provide a super bill upon request which you can submit to your insurance. Specialized Infusions is not responsible for denied claims based on information we provide.
Forms of Payment
Specialized Infusions accepts Visa, Mastercard, & Advance Care Card.
We care about our patients! Please talk to us during you phone consultation. We may be able to help.